We (LaunchTime) are investors in HowAboutWe which is really redefining the online dating experience. Aaron and Brian who are the co-founders are two of the most impressive entrepreneurs I have met in NYC and are really excited about the direction they are taking the company. If you know someone that is looking into breaking into a Product Management career path at a fast paced start up, please pass along this opportunity.
Product Analyst – HowAboutWe
Who We Are
HowAboutWe makes it faster, easier and more fun than ever to get offline on
awesome dates. We are the offline dating site. We’re a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives. You
can read more about us here. In addition to our core dating product, we are currently focused on creating the
world’s most innovative mobile/tablet dating applications and a new application focused on helping couples discover and buy amazing date experiences.
Who You Are
You want to help build the most beautiful and best performing web and mobile experiences in the world. In this role, you are on a career path to becoming a skilled Product Manager. You are a smart, creative, and independent thinker. You are innovative and, at the same time, fanatical about details. People want you on their project because they know you will increase its chances of success. You are a top-notch communicator, even-keeled under stress, and generally positive.
• 1-3 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
• Prior exposure to product development – and particularly to collaboration with designers and developers – a major plus (but not required)
• Very smart, very quick, and very thoughtful
• Exceptional communication skills
• A learner and contributor by nature
• Love the internet, mobile products, tech, start-ups, and making things
• Help to define new features for our web and mobile products.
• Support our Product Manager in writing thoughtful and thorough user stories for designers and developers.
• Conduct user research, facilitate on-going feedback from our users, and gather inspiration for new features.• Do quality assurance testing on all our products. This is detail-oriented work and will be a major part of your responsibilities.
• Manage communication with our customer service team.
• Competitive Salaries and Stock Options — We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
• Sustainable Pace — Our whole team is committed to a full workday of energized work that includes an hour lunch break and leaving at a reasonable hour. Really.
• Health Insurance — Exceptional Health Benefits.
• Ten Paid Holidays — Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
• Fifteen PTO Days — We encourage all team members to take vacation and recharge.
• Food & Drink — Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love what we’re doing. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Ruti Wajnberg, Product Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.