*Update – we received an amazing but overwhelming response. We are no longer taking any applicants. Thank you.*
High Peaks Venture Partners is an early stage venture capital firm based in New York City. We are seeking Associates to work at minimum 20 hours per week to work along side Partner, Ben Sun. This is a 4 month apprenticeship. Ben is a serial entrepreneur having started his first company, Community Connect (published BlackPlanet.com, AsianAvenue.com and MiGente.com) which had a successful exit in 2008. Since then Ben has invested and/or helped start a number of companies including Coupang, HowAboutWe, Yipit, Kontagent, FundedBuy, ThinkNear, Plum District, Jump Ramp Games, DerbyJackpot, BounceExchange and Noom. Ben has recently joined High Peaks as a Partner with a focus on leading investments in the E-commerce sector. Recent investments include Fashion Project and Greats.
So what are you going to do:
- Sit in Company pitch and due diligence sessions and take copious notes.
- Participate in the discussion of our assessment of those investment opportunities
- Help gather follow up market information, competitive data and other due diligence items
- Enter information in our CRM system
- Help with Deal write ups for the Partner meeting reviews
- Assist portfolio companies – hiring, networking, researching best practices, getting market intel, etc.
- Learn a ton!
- Network like crazy!
What you get out of it
- A great learning experience. Ben takes mentorship very seriously and will make sure that this is an incredibly rewarding experience if you put in the effort!
- Help with pursuing a career in venture capital or working at a great start up
- Sorry this is not paid but will definitely help you seek other opportunities across our network of other VCs and Start Up Companies when your internship with us is over.
- Strong business acumen. Ideal candidates come from an investment banking, business consulting or operating background. A strong interest in E-commerce really helps. This is beyond having an Amazon Prime account!
- You love being in the trenches. Need to be able to dig in to a business and understand industry dynamics and can find the devil in the details.
- You work hard. Hustle is your middle name.
- You are not an A—hole. You might be a superstar genius but if people don’t always refer to you as a “really nice person” then you definitely don’t belong here.
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. We don’t need to hold your hand to figure out what you have to do next.
Timing and other details
- Need to hire ASAP. Will last at minimum until the end of the year.
- Need to come in one full day per week. These are days designated for company pitch sessions to the firm. Our office is at Charlton and Varick in West Soho.
Email me your resume or LinkedIn Profile link at