High Peaks Venture Partners is an early stage venture capital firm based in New York City. We are seeking a Venture Fellow Community Manager. This program will be for 6 months and will be mainly responsible for the expansion of our Operating Partner Network (“OPN”) and Technical Advisor Network (“TAN”) in which we connect our portfolio companies with operating and technical experts to leverage their expertise. The Venture Fellow Community Manager will also assist our portfolio companies in accessing our OPN and TAN to solve operations problems and learn best practices. This is an exciting opportunity for those interested in getting greater exposure to the tech start up and venture capital community. You will have the opportunity to build an amazing network and get insights from top talent in NYC.
In the expansion of our Operating Partner Network or our Technical Advisor Network:
- Identify leaders in the startup and tech community
- Discuss opportunities to join High Peaks’ Operating Partner Network
- Enter information in our CRM system
- Assist portfolio companies in learning best practices, getting market intel, and hiring via the use of our Operating Partner Network
- Networking is a huge part of what we do in Venture Capital and we think this is a great opportunity to start building a presence in the NYC tech scene
- You love networking and have a genuine interest in helping people. You are a super connector. You need to be able to dig into people’s previous experience, motivations, and aspirations as well as develop an understanding of industry dynamics and can find the devil in the details.
- Strong business acumen. A strong interest in Ecommerce and SaaS really helps. This is beyond knowing what SaaS stands for and/or having shopped on Amazon!
- You work hard. Hustle is your middle name.
- You are not an A—hole. You might be a superstar genius but if people don’t always refer to you as a “really nice person” then you definitely don’t belong here.
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. We don’t need to hold your hand to figure out what you have to do next.
Timing and other details
- Program is from February 2015 through July 2015.
- Venture Fellow Community Manager will be working primarily out of the office as you are expected to mostly be networking and gathering data from the field.
- You will receive a monthly stipend.